Harlow College Fashion Show Support
Harlow College had its annual Runway Fashion Show, showcasing the fantastic collections created throughout the year by their Level 1 and 2 Fashion students, on Wednesday 22nd June 2022.
The winner, Claudia, was chosen by a committee that reviewed the shortlisted student works. The decision also counted on personal progress, commitment and development during time in college.
Claudia had the opportunity to win a retail placement with Robert Goddard (Store located here at The Water Gardens, offering designer clothing from names like Hugo Boss, Ted Baker, Polo Ralph Lauren, Gant and more!)
Prize details: 11th– 12thJuly
1st day – at HO
- Spend the day at HO in the morning
- Meet the team
- Spend time with the Merch team
- Sit in on a trade call
- Walk around of warehouse
- Take part in a SWOT analysis on 2 x stores and Meet and Greet the store teams (the last one will be in Harlow)
- Fashion forecasting for the following Seasons
- Winner to catch a train to Peterborough in the morning and will be collected from the station
- The winner will go with Mel to the Harlow store in PM, so can go home after
2nd day – in London
- Winner to attend a buying appointment with Buying Team with French Connection and Great Plains
- Winner to take a train to and from London for meetings
“I really enjoyed my experience over the 2 days. Everyone was so nice and welcoming and helped to show me their roles in the company. The trades call meeting gave me an insight of how the company use feedback from all the shops. The warehouse was amazing to see because I often wonder about the work behind people’s orders. The 2nd day was really interesting to see what styles fitted your target market. This experience made me realise I would love to work in a similar environment.”
Check the Runway Fashion Show 2022 video clicking here!